The first and foremost way to keep the parking lot organized and property clean is to opt for the parking lot striping. The parking lot striping in Queens is less about aesthetics and more about safety. Any residential as well as commercial complex needs to have a properly striped parking lot. A professionally striped parking lot makes the parking space s clear making it easier on the people to park.
There are a lot of rules and regulations that need to be followed when you are striping your parking lot and this is the reason why that people opt to get it professionally done rather than doing it themselves. Here are a few things that you should know about parking lot striping in Queens:
- Striping the fresh sealer or ashplast requires a waterborne coating to be used. However, if your asphalt is old, a chlorinated rubber paint would be the best choice. The professionals many a time opt for the setfast acrylic waterborne paint. However, this should only be applied in the places with temperature over 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are paints that soak in the new created pavement giving it a thinner look. Thus, it is best to give two coating rather than a single thick one.
- Remember, the acrylic latex paint can damage the pavement when the paint film shrinks.
- If you are trying to do it yourself (which we don’t recommend), make sure that you use an airless parking lot striping machine with a minimum of 13 mil wet film thickness. This will ensure high-quality of the lot marking.
- The usual drying time of the parking lot striping paint is minimum of 30 minutes. The parking lot striping professionals in Queens recommend that the traffic should stay off the lot for at least an hour.
- The making procedure done by the professionals are according to the rules and regulations of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). However, if you are doing it yourself, you have to make sure that the marking done are accoign the standards prescribed by the ADA.
Any property residential or commercial, that does not meet the requirements, will have t either reconfigure the number of spaces by repainting or layout totally new markings.